Bachelor of Science (Honours) BSc(Hons)
Bachelor of Environmental Science (Honours) BEnvSci(Hons)
About the course
An Honours year is available for graduates who are interested in the pursuit of research in agriculture, environmental science, viticulture, wine science, food science or science.
Depending upon the area of research chosen, students will receive one of the following awards:
* Bachelor of Applied Science (Honours)
* Bachelor of Science (Honours)
* Bachelor of Environmental Science (Honours)
Students may commence studies at the beginning of the academic year, or in mid-year, subject to places being available. The Honours course typically includes a substantial research project.
Objectives of the program are to:
* provide knowledge, skills and attitudes relevant to the conduct of research, especially for entry to higher degree courses
* develop an advanced level of knowledge in the area of specialisation
* further develop verbal and written skills relevant to advanced studies and research
Faculties may approve credit in a fourth year add-on Bachelor (Honours) course up to a maximum of 50% of the point value of the course. Credit may only be granted for the coursework component of the course, not for the dissertation or project.
To graduate, students must satisfactorily complete 64 points, consisting of a Research Program component and a Discipline Development component. The structure is flexible so that students can design a program which will meet their individual requirements, subject to approval.