All graduates of the program are eligible for membership of the AASW.
* Administration and policy positions
* Community organizations
* Community services
* Corrective services
* Policy formation
* Political science
* Program planning
* Social action
* Social administration
* Social service
* Social work
Pathways to further study
An honours degree in arts or social work is available for high-achieving students.
Apply directly to ACU National.
For Honours in the Bachelor of Arts, completion of the Bachelor of Arts pass degree or equivalent, normally within the last five years. The pass degree must have been completed with at least a credit average and have included (a) a major comprising at least eight units in the discipline of the Honours course; (b) at least a credit average in the entire pass degree including at least four of the units in the major sequence of the discipline of the Honours course; and (c) satisfied prescribed prerequisites of the selected Honours degree. For Honours in the Bachelor of Social Work, successful completion of all requirements of the first year of the Bachelor of Social Work course including the Social Work Placement; a grade of distinction or above in two of the six graded units in the first year of the Bachelor of Social Work course and grades of credit or above in the other four graded units; have satisfied the prerequisites for the particular units to be undertaken in the Honours course.
Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Social Work
Minimum duration: 4 years full-time or equivalent part-time.
Course available at:
Sydney (Strathfield), NSW
EFTSL value of units: All 10 cp units in this course have an EFTSL value of 0.125. Units with a cp value of a multiple of 10 have corresponding EFTSL values.
“Bachelor of Arts Major”: an approved sequence of units in one discipline or approved interdisciplinary area totalling at least 80 cp in prescribed units, including at least 10 cp at introductory level and at least 60 cp at advanced level.|
“Bachelor of Arts Minor” an approved sequence of units in one discipline or approved interdisciplinary area totalling at least 40 cp in prescribed units, including at least 10 cp at introductory level and at least 20 cp at advanced level.
2. Requirements for Completion of the Pass Degree
To qualify for the Pass degrees, a student must complete 320 cp, consisting of:
1. 160 cp selected in accordance with the requirements for the Bachelor of Arts degree, consisting of:
1. 80 cp from any Bachelor of Arts Major;
2. 40 cp from a Behavioural Science Minor;
3. 20 cp from SOCI100 Introduction to Sociology and SOCI234 Sociological Theory and Practice16;
4. 20 cp from any other units listed in the Schedule of Unit Offerings to the Bachelor of Arts degree, including at least 10 cp as one Mission-focussed Unit;
2. 160 cp from the Schedule of Unit Offerings for the Bachelor of Social Work degree, consisting of:
1. 120 cp from Core Units;
2. 40 cp from Field Placements Units.
3. Requirements for Completion of the Honours Degree
To qualify for the Honours degree a student must satisfy the Honours requirements set out in the rules for Honours in the relevant single degree.