The program is designed to equip students with the knowledge and practical experience to enable them to step into careers in any area of the computer games industry and for careers in development allied fields, including design, sound, animation, 3DModelling, Script writing, Level Design, Product testing, Programming, Games Journalism, Gamevertising, Public Relations, Business/Government Policy, Distribution, Regulation/Classification, DRM copyright.
International Students: Students must undertake four subjects per semester (equivalent to 40 credit points) to fulfil student visa requirements.
Domestic Students: Most Students undertake four subjects per semester (equivalent to 40 credit points). You may, however, enrol in fewer subjects (equivalent to 30 credit points) and extend your degree over a longer period.
Bond's Teaching methodology involves a combination of lectures, tutorials, seminars, examinations, projects, presentations, assignments, computer labs and industry projects.
Students can combine this degree with any other undergraduate degree at Bond (except Medicine) to suit their professional and personal interests. Bond's three-semester academic year allows students to complete two degrees in the same time it would take to complete just one degree at other universities (dependant upon degree combination).
Every Bachelor degree student at Bond is required to complete at least one subject from each of the following four discipline clusters
* CORE11-100 Communication Skills
* CORE11-101 Public Speaking: Presentation Skills for Leaders
Outcomes: To communicate effectively in writing, speaking and visual; to understand the nature of communication processes and sources of difficulty in communication.
Information Technology (1)
* CORE11-110 Information Technology 1
* CORE11-111 Business Applications of IT
Outcomes: To work effectively with contemporary information technology; to evaluate critically the current and future role of computing technology in the storage, retrieval and processing of information.
* CORE11-120 Cultural and Ethical Values
* CORE11-120 Contemporary Issues in Law and Society
Outcomes: To appreciate the foundation of moral, ethical and social theories and their relevance to issues of public concern and debate; to use theoretical ideas in formulating arguments about how particular issues should be resolved.
* CORE11-130 Strategic Management
* CORE11-131 Entrepreneurship
Outcomes: To appreciate the natural, dynamic and strategic positioning of organisations within their environments; to appreciate the nature of effective work in groups.
GAME STUDIES (6)
* GAME12-200 Computer Game Culture and Audience
* GAME13-300 Computer Game Form, Narrative and Style
* COMN12-302 Digital Media and Society
* COMN13-311 Computer Game Industry and Policy
* COMN13-315 Interactive Experience
* GAME13-400 Computer Game Industry Internship
* OR COMN12-203 Mass Media
DESIGN SUBJECTS (6)
* MMDE11-140 Digital Media Design
* MMDE12-220 Designing Sound Environments
* MMDE13-340 3D Modelling, Animation and Video Combining
* MMDE12-250 2D Animation and Simple Games
* MMDE13-373 Interactive Media Project and Presentation
* GAME11-110 Design Logic
6 Subjects for a Specialist major in one of the following areas:
* Film and Television,
* Media, or Public Relations,
Any other two (2) subjects of which at least one (1) must come from the H&SS list of undergraduate subjects.