Speak without obligation to
Chisholm Institute of TAFE Dandenong Campus
Your request has been sent correctly
Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
Comments about Certificate III in Automotive Specialist - On Campus - Dandenong - Victoria
This is a fully accredited course for new emplooyees entering the Motor Mechanic Industry or current employees wishing to gain a formal qualification for their existig skills. This is a competency based assessment course that is primarily delivered in the workplace. Apprenticeships are normally a four year package that consists of employment and training. An apprentice attends Trade School for up to three years on a part-time basis but also receives training on-the-job. There are special government subsidies and rates of pay and conditions for apprentices.
Certificate III in Automotive Specialist
WHAT IS AN APPRENTICESHIP?
Apprenticeships are normally a four year package that consists of employment and training. An apprentice attends Trade School for up to three years on a part time basis but also receives training on-the-job. There are special government subsidies and rates of pay and conditions for apprentices.
Apprentices must be fifteen years of age or over and must have a registered/licensed employee who has agreed to employ them as an apprentice. Apprenticeships are for new employees or employees that have been employed for less than three months on a full time basis or 12 months on a part time basis.
WHAT IS CERTIFICATE III IN AUTOMOTIVE (MECHANICAL- AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION)?
This is a fully accredited course for new employees entering the Motor Mechanic industry or current employees wishing to gain a formal qualification for their existing skills. This is a competency based assessment course that is primarily delivered in the workplace. This course is offered at Dandenong campus and will take up to three years of part time study of block release to complete.
WHAT ARE THE COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
There are no formal requirements for entry into this course other than to have entered into a ‘Contract of Training’ with your employer and be employed as an apprentice.
WHERE CAN I GET FURTHER INFORMATION?
- Apply Safe Work practices
- Test, Service and Charge Batteries
- Carry Out Repairs to Single Electric Circuits
- Service & Repair Electronic Spark Ignition Engine Management
- Service and Repair Electronic Drive Management
- Service and Repair electronic Body Management
- Carry out servicing operations
- Inspect and Service Engines
- Repair Cooling Systems
- Service Cooling Systems
- Service Manual Transmissions
- Service Auto Transmissions
- Service Final Drive (Assemblies)
- Service Final Drive (Driveline)
- Use and Maintain Workplace Tools and Equipment
- Apply environment regulations and best practice in a workplace or business
- Repair Petrol
- Repair and replace emission control systems
- Inspect, service and/or repair clutch assemblies and associated operating system components
- Repair Manual Transmission
- Repair Auto Transmission
- Repair Final Drive (Assemblies)
- Repair Final Drive (Driveline)
- Carry out Diagnostic Procedures
- Overhaul Automatic Transmissions
- Overhaul Final Drive
- Perform routine oxy acetylene welding
- Manual heating and thermal cutting
The Institute has:
• A bookshop to cater for all your textbook and
• Car parking on campus;
• On campus canteen that is open in the evening during