Certificates in Meat Processing (Traineeships)
Certificate II in Meat Processing (Abattoirs)MTM20107
Certificate III in Meat Processing (Boning)MTM30107
Certificate III in Meat Processing (Slaughtering) MTM30507
Certificate III in Meat Processing (General) MTM30607
This course is suited to persons wanting to acquire nationally recognised qualifications in
quality assurance, and processing of sheep, beef and pigs within the meat industry.
These certificates are based on the national Meat Processing Industry Training Package,
which was developed for industry by industry.
The programs are customised to suit individual trainees and employers. Compulsory Core
Units together with the required number of elective Units will lead to a Certificate II or III in
• Certificate II satisfies the needs of most operative personnel
• Certificate III targets technical skilled Slaughter/Boner & Slicer persons
Compulsory Core Units include:
• Hygiene and sanitation
• Occupational health & safety
• Maintain personal equipment
• Overview of the meat industry
MTM20107 Certificate II in Meat Processing (Abattoirs)
This course prepares participants for general tasks in a meat works’ environment for
processing sheep, beef and pigs.
MTM30107 Certificate III in Meat Processing (Boning)
This course gives participants the technical skills associated with the boning of sheep, beef
or pigs in a processing environment.
MTM30507 Certificate III in Meat Processing (Slaughtering)
This course gives participants the technical skills associated with the slaughtering of sheep,
beef or pigs in a meat processing environment.
MTM30607 Certificate III in Meat Processing (General)
This program gives participants general skills associated with the processing of sheep, beef
and pigs in a meat processing environment.
Applicants must be employed in the meat processing industry.
Structured training in combination with employment is offered as the opportunity for participants to acquire a nationally-recognised qualification. Chisholm works closely with industry to ensure its traineeship programs are delivering training relevant to the workplace.
Entrance requirements are: participant is aged over 15 and that there is a formal Training
Agreement between employer and employee which is registered with nearest Australian
COURSE BENEFITS AND PROVISIONS
• Conducted at the workplace at a flexible pace
• Ongoing communicating with industry networks and individual companies to ensure
training programs are relevant to the workplace and that the design and implementation meets industry expectations
• Provision of nationally recognised qualifications
• Skills acquired to work in the meat processing environment from basic-level through to supervisor skills at Certificate III level.
• Practical experience gained utilising industry-set regulatory controls, in a safe manner