Comments about Diploma of Theology - On Campus - Canberra - Australian Capital Territory
These courses provide a basic introduction to the main areas of theology, including biblical studies, theological studies, church history, and pastoral and worship studies.
Diploma of Theology
University Certificate in Theology
About the course
* Aims to provide courses in theology for students for whom a one or two-year study program is preferred.
* Aims to introduce students to foundational areas of study across the general theological curriculum.
* Aims to provide a platform and incentive for further theological study
Upon successful completion of either course students will have:
* acquired basic knowledge in biblical studies, theological studies and church history
* developed basic skills in critical thinking in theology
* developed an understanding of current developments in theological and biblical studies and their relevance to ministry contexts
* developed a capacity to undertake further studies in theology beyond the University Certificate or Diploma level
The University Certificate articulates with the Diploma and credit is given in the Diploma for the subjects completed in the University Certificate.
To graduate, students must satisfactorily complete 128 points for the Diploma and 64 points for the University Certificate.