Comments about Diploma of Youth Ministry - On Campus - Canberra - Australian Capital Territory
CSU’s Youth Ministry courses provide foundational studies in youth ministry, while developing theological understanding and leadership skills for young people working within churches and church-based organisations.
Diploma of Youth Ministry
University Certificate in Youth Ministry
About the course
This course will make a significant contribution in that there is at present no university based distance education course in Australia in the area of youth ministry.
Upon successful completion of the course students will:
* have acquired the necessary organisational skills for the development and running of youth ministry programs
* be able to communicate with young people in group settings and within wider church structures
* be able to give an account of advanced theological concepts and reasoning relevant to youth ministry
* be able to demonstrate an advanced understanding of biblical content, themes, exegesis, and issues relevant to youth ministry
* appreciate the particular spiritual needs of young people within the wider framework of their needs and concerns in contemporary society
* be able to demonstrate a capacity to both work within and critique existing structures and ministry models
* be able to give an account of the social and pastoral contexts in which youth participate
* appreciate the needs and hopes of youth and young adults in today’s society
To graduate students must satisfactorily complete 128 points for the Diploma and 64 points for the University Certificate.