Comments about Graduate Certificate in University Management - On Campus - Parkville - Victoria
Prospective and current managers in higher education
Graduate Certificate in University Management
The Graduate Certificate in University Management provides an avenue for prospective and current managers in higher education to develop the professional knowledge and skills that will enable them to work effectively in senior administrative and academic management roles in Australian Universities.The course will prepare graduates for management and leadership roles in Australian universities through a combination of seminars, skill practice, individual and group reflection and project work that relates to the participant's workplaces. This course is offered on a fee-paying basis only.
At the conclusion of the course, participants will be able to:
* demonstrate an understanding of higher education in Australia including policy framework and governance structures;
* demonstrate familiarity with some key theoretical explanations of universities as organisations;
* apply leadership and management strategies in a university context;
* demonstrate competence on specific business, planning and management skills in a university environment;
* reflect critically on their practice as university managers;
* analyse complex organisational issues and apply higher-order intellectual skills to these situations;
* work effectively as a member of a team , including contributing to group learning;
* continue to undertake self-directed learning.
An applicant may be eligible for entry into the Graduate Certificate in University Management if the applicant has:
* Completed a bachelor's degree (in any discipline) and
* at least two years work experience in a university or other post-secondary education institution or equivalent.