Comments about Graduate Diploma in Dispute Resolution - On Campus - Parkville - Victoria
Graduate Diploma in Dispute Resolution
Litigants, mediators and members of the general community are increasingly seeking alternative forms of dispute resolution to avoid costly and time-consuming legal avenues. Melbourne Law School's graduate program in dispute resolution gathers together many of the underlying principles surrounding dispute resolution and management, covering both the theoretical and practical aspects of this area of the law.
The Graduate Diploma in Dispute Resolution focuses on:
* Identification and analysis of a range of techniques available for the resolution of disputes
* The theories underpinning alternative forms of dispute resolution
* The frameworks for selected forms of dispute resolution and how to work within them
* How selected forms of dispute resolution work in practice, including the significance of practical considerations
* Critical evaluation of the strengths and weaknesses of different approaches to dispute resolution
* Developments in the theory and practice of dispute resolution and a comparison between Australia and other countries.
Course Structure & Available Subjects:
Students must complete four subjects from the prescribed list . Students who do not have a law degree from a common law jurisdiction or any prior legal studies or experience are also expected to complete the two-day preliminary subject Australian Legal Process and Legal Institutions.