Comments about Graduate Diploma in English as an International Language - On Campus - Parkville - Victoria
Graduate Diploma in English as an International Language
The Graduate Diploma in English as an International Language builds on the skills and knowledge of the Graduate Certificate in English as an International Language. It provides students with an understanding of the relationship between language and culture and the variability of English in different social and professional contexts. It also gives students the confidence to read and critically evaluate advanced English texts, to further develop independent study skills, to write sophisticated reports and essays, to give presentations in English and to interact effectively with others. Completion of the Diploma at a satisfactory academic level (i.e. an average score of 65%) will qualify graduates for entry to the Master of English as an International Language.
This course is only available to students for whom English is a second or other language.
Students who have completed the Graduate Diploma in English as an International Language course should be able to:
* Understand the English language and its variability in different social contexts;
* Appreciate how to acquire and develop language skills and other knowledge in and through English;
* Be able to use English in a variety of social and professional contexts;
* Learn how to learn a language and continue to develop their English independently;
* Articulate their knowledge appropriately in English;
* Exhibit analytic and problem solving skills;
* Work independently to achieve goals and to promote their own language development learning;
* Interact effectively when required with others without being inhibited by English.
Course Structure & Available Subjects:
Students complete 100 points of study.