Comments about Graduate Diploma in Health and Medical Law - On Campus - Parkville - Victoria
Graduate Diploma in Health and Medical Law
The graduate programs in health and medical law focus on:
* Relevant aspects of health and medical law
* The theoretical framework surrounding health and medical law, and contemporary ethical and theoretical issues
* The law concerning the relationship between doctor and patient as well as that relating to particular procedures
* The provision of concise legal advice to plaintiffs and defendants in medical litigation
* An ethical evaluation of health and medical law and the development and interpretation of theoretical legal arguments
* Advanced communication in health and medical law, orally and in writing
* Conducting effective legal research in the area of health and medical law.
Students must complete four subjects from the prescribed list. Students who do not have a law degree from a common law system or any prior legal studies or experience are also expected to complete the two-day preliminary subject Australian Legal Process and Legal Institutions.
The following subjects require students to write a research paper on a topic related to health and medical law, jointly approved by the instructor and the Director of Studies.
* Current Developments in Negligence
* Privacy Law