Comments about Graduate Diploma in Human Rights Law - On Campus - Parkville - Victoria
Graduate Diploma in Human Rights Law
Objectives and Skills
The Graduate Diploma in Human Rights Law focuses on:
* Human rights theories, as well as the processes and actors involved in the field of human rights
* The jurisprudence relating to the full range of human rights
* Assessing the effectiveness of different mechanisms for implementing or enforcing human rights
* Interpreting and comparing human rights law texts, including treaties, jurisprudence of treaty bodies and domestic courts, and academic scholarship
* The articulation of knowledge and understanding in oral and written presentations.
Students must complete four subjects from the prescribed list. Students who do not have a law degree from a common law system or any prior legal studies or experience are also expected to complete the two-day preliminary subject Australian Legal Process and Legal Institutions.