Comments about Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices (v1.0) ICND1 - On Campus - Sydney - New South Wales
This course focuses on providing the skills and knowledge necessary to install, operate and troubleshoot a small branch office Enterprise network, including configuring a Switch, a Router and connecting to a WAN and implementing network security. A student should be able to complete configuration and implementation of a small branch office network under supervision.
* Basic computer literacy. * Basic knowledge of PC hardware configurations. * Basic understanding of networking business drivers.
Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices (v1.0) ICND1
For the best value for money, consider purchasing your ICND1 and ICND2 training as part of our popular CCNA package which offers additional value at a low price.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
* Describe how networks function, identifying major components and the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model.
* Using the host-to-host packet delivery process, describe issues related to increasing traffic on an Ethernet LAN and identify switched LAN technology solutions to Ethernet networking issues.
* Describes the reasons for extending the reach of a LAN and the methods that can be used with a focus on RF wireless access.
* Describes the reasons for connecting networks with routers and how routed networks transmit data through networks using TCP/IP.
* Describe the function of Wide Area Networks (WANs), the major devices of WANs, and configure PPP encapsulation, static and dynamic routing, PAT and RIP routing.
* Use the command-line interface to discover neighbours on the network and managing the routers startup and configuration.
* Module 1 - Building a Simple Network
* Module 2 - Ethernet Local Area Networks
* Module 3 - Wireless Local Area Networks
* Module 4 - Exploring the Functions of Routing
* Module 5 - Wide Area Networks
* Module 6 - Network Environment Management
* Customers or channel resellers who are new to Cisco products or just entering the internetworking industry.
* Network technicians new to Cisco products and services.
* CCNA candidates