This course leads to the awarding of either a Certificate or Diploma depending on which level you enrol at. When you enrol you determine what level of proficiency you would like to attain. For example if you want to obtain an advanced level of language proficiency you will be covering all the lessons covered at the certificate and diploma level plus the advanced level itself. The course levels explained Certificate (Lessons 1-30 plus reading lessons) = Basic language proficiency After finishing a Certificate, you'll be able to: * Initiate and maintain face-to-face conversations, * Deal with everyday situations -- ask for information or directions and give basic information about yourself and your family, * Communicate basic information on informal topics and participate in casual conversations, * Handle basic courtesy and travel requirements and avoid basic cultural errors, * Satisfy personal needs and limited social demands, * Establish rapport with strangers in foreign countries, * Begin reading and sounding out items with native-like pronunciation. Diploma (Lessons 1-60 plus reading lessons) = Intermediate language proficiency After finishing a Diploma, you'll be able to: * Engage in fuller conversations involving yourself and your family, daily activities, interests, and personal preferences, * Combine known elements into increasingly longer sentences and strings of sentences, * Function in informal situations, * Meet social demands and limited job requirements, * Speak with a near-native accent, * Begin reading for meaning.
No other language program is as quick, convenient and effective — in just 30 days you can be speaking the Korean language in real life situations with the confidence of an expert.
Obtain language proficiently in only 30 minutes a day, without the need for books or memorization!
ICI language programs are not about memorizing or translating, but about learning grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation in a natural and exciting way. For each 30 minute lesson you will interact with a teacher and a native speaker of the language, enabling you to acquire the essential core of the language you are learning. Instead of going through memorization drills, the course trains your ear to capture and retain the sounds of the spoken language you are learning.
By learning a language on several fronts at once (grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation), the language-learning network in your brain internalizes the rules of the language you are acquiring. The result is: you will begin speaking basic sentences and attaining your new language in as little as 30 minutes!
Who uses these language Programs?
Over 25 million people around the world have embraced the learning method we use. The programs we teach are used by government departments (CIA, FBI, diplomats), business professionals, students, travellers, individuals who have married into foreign families, business people, and curious learners alike. Why? Because the learning method work! Endorsed by the Council for the Teaching of Foreign Languages (CTFL). This language program offers the world the most innovative and effective means to learn a new language quickly.
How Will You Benefit?
* Fast track your career and open new business, social, cultural and employment opportunities
* Learn the inside secrets on how to learn how to speak Korean like a local
* Use a scientifically proven linguistic method to learn a language in weeks and months rather then years!
* Take a proven and tested language learning system which has been developed over 40 years and used by 25 million people worldwide since 1980
* Free up valuable time, don't wast time and money travelling to classes. Audio lessons enables you to study in the car, on the train or even while you travel!
* Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
* Have access to a personal tutor for guidance, support and assistance
* Easy interest free payment plans from as low as $49 per week
Start reaping the benefits by enrolling today!
In the age of globalisation, international business travel is more common and holidays abroad are more affordable than ever. As a result, learning a foreign language is gaining popularity.
ICI language courses are ideal for those wanting to learn a new language to advance their career prospects or just for fun when travelling, experiencing new cultures or making new friends.
With regular practice, you will be able to communicate with confidence in Korean in just a few months.
The average time within which students complete language studies is:
* Certificate Level - 4 weeks (1 hour a day),
* Diploma Level - 8 weeks (1 hour a day).
ICI courses allow you to study at your own pace with no deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in.
* Completing your course with ICI is flexible as you can fast-track and gain language speaking proficiency quickly and graduate sooner rather then later. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready.
* The maximum time given to complete a program is three years.
Study Mode : Distance Learning
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning. Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be locked into a timetable.
Our course content and learning experience ensure that your course is relevant and interesting. Learning, tutorial assistance, assessments takes place whenever and wherever you are in the country or world. It takes place at your own pace on your own terms to fit your lifestyle. As an ICI student, you’ll never endure a pop quiz, spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars travelling, and never be late with an assignment or for class.
Enrolments statistics reveal that students from the following categories are currently taking advantage of the distance learning experience at ICI:
* Government, business & industry employers 32%
* High school leavers 20%
* Individuals looking to start a business or change career paths 18%
* Individuals already in the industry looking to formalise and/or update knowledge and seek a promotion 11%
* Military personal 11%
* Stay at home mothers 8%
Recognition & Accreditation
This course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC).
All ICI language courses are endorsed by the Council for the Teaching of Foreign Languages (CTFL).
Various government departments and business's have enrolled their own staff with ICI for further training and development and is a strong indicator of acceptance and recognition by employers and industry.
The following is a partial list of companies and government departments which have enrolled staff into ICI courses:
* Department of Defence,
* State of Queensland,
* Metcash Trading Ltd Australia (IGA),
* Navman Technologies,
* Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane,
* Colliers International,
* Queensland Compensation,
* Mitsubishi Corporation,
* Response Real Estate,
* British Lolly Shop Franchise,
* Commonwealth Bank
* Clayton UTZ,
* Minter Ellison Lawyers,
* Villari Lawyers,
* Aviva Australia Holdings,
* Uniting Care Institute of Family Practice,
* Federal Workplace Authority,
* Centacare Employment Group,
* Lumen Australia,
* Boys Town,
* MAP Group
* Coca-Cola Amitel
* Coles Myer Ltd, etc...
What Do I Get?
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
* All required study materials and audio recordings
* Practical assessments with constructive tutor feedback
* Tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
* UNESCO endorsed Student ID card giving students access to thousands of discounts both at home and overseas! Save on transport, accommodation, communications, food, shopping, movies and more!
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
* A graduation certificate officially recognizing your successful completion of training and language qualification in Korean
* Transcripts indicating units completed
* Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
* Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipLng(Korean)