Architecture is a creative and exciting design-based profession concerned with virtually all aspects of the built environment. It combines art, science and technology with business, social and environmental concerns.The Master of Architecture is a professional program which prepares graduates for employment as architects. The ethos of the program emphasises the central role of design in the studio. Students can take a research subject which may enable progression to further studies as a PhD candidate.
With over thirty full-time academics and a broad range of leading architectural practitioners, the program has a depth and breadth of teaching and research performance unmatched within the Southeast-Asian and Australasian regions. Graduates will be equipped with the creative and critical thinking skills to push the envelope of architectural change in terms of the design and production of buildings as well as critique of their technical, aesthetic, social and environmental performance.
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of the professional associations shown below, and for quality assurance will undergo a regular review by:
* Royal Australian Institute of Architects
* Architects Registration Board of Victoria
* Commonwealth Association of Architects
Objectives: The Master of Architecture aims to:
* Offer advanced education in architectural design in conjunction with critical understanding of aesthetic, socio-political and environmental implications of architectural form, space and expression;
* Enable students to explore an understanding of cross cultural issues in the planning, design and construction of the built environment;
* Offer academic opportunities to address contemporary concerns in local and international communities through architectural design;
* Encourage debate about the theoretical and practical aspects of architectural culture and production; and
* Provide a vehicle to meet the continuing professional development requirements of the architecture profession in Australia and internationally.
Course Structure & Available Subjects:
All student must complete:
237.5 points core
37.5 architecture electives (at least 25 points from the same elective group).
25 points multidisciplinary electives.