Comments about Master of Arts in Linguistics (Thesis) - On Campus - Parkville - Victoria
Master of Arts in Linguistics (Thesis)
The masters degree is designed for students to develop advanced skills in carrying out independent and sustained research in linguistics. The thesis should demonstrate a critical application of specialist knowledge and make an independent contribution to existing scholarship in the area of research. Candidates may advance to the Doctor of Philosophy degree after successful completion of the masters or may apply to convert to the PhD at an earlier stage. An honours grade of at least H2B (70%) must be attained to qualify for the award of the masters degree.
Students who complete the masters will:
* demonstrate advanced learning in research skills and appropriate techniques, such as the use of archival or primary evidence, analysis of data, judgment of conflicting evidence, etc;
* demonstrate specialist knowledge in the area of their research;
* present the results of their research in publishable form or work towards incorporating their findings in further research;
* demonstrate an understanding of an commitment to research ethics or code of practice;
* apply the research skills acquired to other projects.
Course Structure & Available Subjects: Major Thesis of 30,000 words (100 points per year)