Graduate Certificate in Database Design and Management
About the course
The aim of these courses is to provide professionals in the Information Technology (IT) industry with an advanced level of study in database design, development, implementation and management that is current, relevant and integrates industry certifications in the field.
Upon completion of the Master degree, graduates will possess:
* an informed and reflexive perspective on issues associated with computer databases
* advanced skills in the design, implementation and management of complex enterprise scale databases
* skills in identifying and producing database solutions to meet the business needs of customers
* competence in applying best practices in analysing and optimising the performance of complex databases
* at least one high-level industry certification from Microsoft or Oracle in the IT database area
* problem-solving skills and methodologies when troubleshooting and documenting complex computing database problems
* the ability to analyse complex client business database requirements and select appropriate solutions
* skills in the development of leading edge database solutions that meet customer business objectives for functionality and performance
Upon completion of the Graduate Certificate, graduates will be able to satisfy a subset of the objectives of the Masters course, depending on which subjects have been completed.
The Master degree and the Graduate Certificate make up an articulated set of courses, and credit is awarded in the Master degree for subjects completed in the Graduate Certificate.
Students may elect to exit from the Master degree after completion of four specified subjects and graduate with the Graduate Certificate in Database Design and Management.
There are no residential school requirements for this course.
To graduate from the Master of Database Design and Management, students must satisfactorily complete 96 points, which includes the completion of the relevant industry stream certificate (for which credit of 48 points is given).
To graduate with the Graduate Certificate in Database Design and Management students must satisfactorily complete 32 points.
Eligibility criteria and further information
Eligibility criteria and additional information associated with this course are available at the dedicated website: www.itmasters.com.au