Graduate Diploma of Ministry [exit point only]
About the course
The Master of Ministry aims to assist Religious Practitioners and other church leaders to upgrade their knowledge and skills at an advanced level. The course aims to:
* provide opportunities for professional development at the Masters level in the field of professional ministry
* engender a higher order of critical, creative, scholarly, sound and informed investigation of the profession
* engender the application of advanced knowledge of a specialist body of theoretical and applied topics to a specialised field of professional ministry
* engender creativity and flexibility in the application of knowledge and skills to new situations
* engender the ability to solve complex problems and think rigorously and independently
* enable students through critical analysis, systematic, practical and professional application to plan and execute a project or a piece of scholarship or research.
Upon completion of the course, graduates will be expected to demonstrate advanced competence in one of the following fields:
* Pastoral Counselling
* Church Leadership and Management
* Institutional Chaplaincy
* Mission and Evangelism
* Ministry Studies
* Ageing and Pastoral Studies
* Christian Education
* Research in Ministry.
To graduate, students must satisfactorily complete 96 points.
Students may choose to exit with the award of Graduate Diploma of Ministry after satisfactorily completing 64 points..