Comments about Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Ethics - On Campus - Parkville - Victoria
The Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Ethics provides students with a general understanding of key concepts and issues in professional ethics. The course will appeal to professional people who want to understand both the roots of the ethics appropriate to their own profession and the wider social and ethical context in which it is located. The certificate may lead to higher degree study in professional ethics or related areas of study.
Students who complete the course will:
• develop a sensitivity to ethical dimensions of practice in their own, and related, professions;
• demonstrate a substantial knowledge of one or more areas in the study of professional ethics;
• understand the theoretical sources of the key concepts in these areas of study;
• understand the application of these concepts to their professional field or study area;
• develop research and analytical skills enabling further study of relevant themes at higher degree levels.
The course can only be completed in one semester full time by students in the February intake, depending on the choice /availability of elective subjects.
One core subject; three elective subjects. Total 50 points - subjects are 12.5 points each, unless indicated otherwise.