BRIT is a multi-disciplined educational provider which annually offers over 400 courses to some 14,000 students and is committed to the vocational education and training needs of the community, business and industry.
Bendigo Regional Institute of TAFE services a vast geographic area extending 25,000 square kilometers throughout Central and Northern Victoria. To meet the training needs of such a dispersed population, campuses have been established in Bendigo, Castlemaine, Echuca, Kerang, Kyneton and Maryborough.
At BRIT you can choose from 300 full time, part time and short courses. You'll thrive on the fun, social atmosphere, while benefiting from:
* No HECS fees
* Small class sizes and a strong commitment to meeting your individual needs
* Campuses at Bendigo, Castlemaine, Echuca, Kerang, Kyneton & Maryborough
* Great facilities and resources
* Heaps of flexible study options
* Career and personal counselling, support and child care
* Strong links with industry
* Interesting work placements
* Credit transfers from many courses to university degrees
TAFE is the most popular tertiary option around and BRIT is no exception.
This is hardly surprising when you consider:
* BRIT qualifications are highly regarded by employers and industry in today's marketplace
* BRIT Diploma and Certificate courses including Apprenticeships, are Government accredited and designed to meet industry needs.
The Charleston Road Campus was built on the old Bendigo Saleyards site and was completed in 1997. Further developments to the site have occurred since that date with updated construction to happen early in 2007.
The buildings are impressive, modern structures set in an expansive garden with plenty of room for students to spend free time. The campus boasts its own student amenities area, student association, library and canteen. Vast parking makes this campus accessible to anyone driving, as well as being only 10 minutes walk from Bendigo Rail Station for people travelling from regional areas.
Courses on offer at this campus include trade areas such as Agriculture, Asset Maintenance, Automotive, Bricklaying, Carpentry, Conservation & Land Management, Construction, Electronics, Engineering, Horticulture, Joinery, Machine Tools, Metal Fabrication, Painting and Decorating, Plumbing and Rural Studies.