B.S. Computer Science
Students in this major are focused on making the computer system perform at its highest level. They will become proficient in programming and in understanding the best uses of the machine.
These individuals will become the IT professionals who keep the infrastructure running. They will be qualified to create new systems, as well as having the skills to maintain and update older systems.
Graduates from this program will be versatile professionals who can solve problems that would jeopardize an organization; they will form the backbone of the internal IT staff.
• Students will demonstrate critical thinking skills in the field of computer science.
• Students will demonstrate the ability to solve problems related to the program content.
• Students will demonstrate an understanding of the concepts and principles of software systems.
• Students will analyze, design and document a system component using appropriate computer science techniques and models.
• Students will make a formal presentation of a software system project including the demonstration of a working application.
• Students will demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of advanced software development techniques.
The Computer Science degree programs at Webster University equip students with the knowledge to become professionals who help optimize the performance of computer systems and networks.
Computer science majors and minors study the following:
• Operating Systems
• Data Base Administration
• System Security
• Computer Mathematics & Logic
• Systems Analysis & Design
• Decision Support
Webster University has established strong alliances with many organizations and companies in the computer science industry. Students are encouraged to explore the available internship opportunities to get hands-on IT experience while gaining realworld business experience. Recent computer science graduates now work at companies such as Boeing, Monsanto, Maritz, Scottrade, Edward Jones and Anheuser-Busch.
•Signed Application Form
•Proof of English Proficiency:
– TOEFL: PBT 550 | iBT 80
– IELTS: 6.0
– Pearson: 53
•High School Transcript
•Essay: 300-500 word essay on a topic of your choice OR Curriculum Vitae (CV)
•One Letter of Recommendation
•Certificate of Finance showing *
•Copy of Passport ID Page
•Official University/College Transcripts (for Transfer Students)
•Some programs have additional entry requirements. Please contact your advisor for more information.
4 years (128 Credit Hours)
Values, Vision & Characteristics
Global. Action-oriented. Academically excellent
You are unique, so is Webster. From our historic Webster Groves campus to locations worldwide, every Webster University campus is inviting and personal — with an esteemed student-focused faculty. Our programs are flexible and our reach is global; both our students and faculty are from around the world creating a diverse learning environment.
Learn what makes Webster as unique as you are — and how we can provide the quality education, personal attention, diverse community, and global experience you are looking for.
Distinctive student experience
- Students experience an ideal, student-centered environment with small classes and personalized learning
- Students attend from across the United States and from more than 100 countries
- Diversity and inclusion are core values—we offer a welcoming environment
- Distinguished faculty members offer the right balance of global scholarship and professional experience
- Travel awards available – your opportunity to travel to worldwide Webster locations with Webster faculty and students