About the course
Charles Sturt University is proud to announce Australia ’s only Bachelor degree dedicated to the art of animation and visual effects. This exciting new course is devoted to students passionate about creating memorable visuals and fulfilling their desire to bring their imagination to life.
Founded upon traditional arts principles, this new degree provides a unique collaborative framework for students to explore their creative visual talents through diverse media and evolving industries with particular emphasis towards the digital realm.
Students gain a well-rounded arts education while being encouraged to specialise to increase employment prospects in increasingly competitive fields. Featuring cross-discipline opportunities, current industry standard software, knowledgeable lecturers, the latest learning tools, exhibitions/festivals, and a welcoming team environment founded upon creative arts practice, the course will motivate students to achieve their very best with a professional portfolio, demo reel and resume.
Features of the course:
* animation and visual effects archive
* latest industry standard software and training
* cross-discipline environment
* strong art foundation
* resources for specialisation
* professional staff with industry experience
* supportive team environment
* flexible framework for versatility in career choices
Where it will take you
Career options include:
* 3D graphics animation
* motion design
* digital compositing
* visual effects
* computer games
* multimedia authoring and design
* professional art practice
* film/television production
* scientific visualisation
* advertising, and
* interactive media
Major studies integrate 3D, animation, digital video/audio, conceptual development, digital compositing, special effects, multimedia authoring/design, and production projects. Minor studies can incorporate acting, design for theatre and television, graphic design, jewellery, photography or television production.
Professionals teaching you
The course is taught by dedicated professionals with a wide range of industry experience.
The latest facilities
To make sure you are experienced using the equipment and techniques found in the workplace, our facilities include:
* dedicated Animation and Visual Effects Studio with workstations equipped with the latest industry software from vendors such as Adobe, Autodesk, Apple and Eyeon
* general computing laboratories used for all manner of multimedia work
* well equipped photography, multimedia, television and visual arts studios
* AV Store provides students with free hire of professional equipment
To graduate, students must satisfactorily complete 192 points
An Honours year is available - Bachelor of Arts (Multimedia Arts) (Honours)
Master of Arts (Honours)
Doctor of Visual and Performing Arts
Doctor of Philosophy