This three-day course provides participants with an introduction to the key roles of this dynamic industry, Writing, Directing and Cinematography.
The course combines lectures with practical experience - the students learn by doing with hands on filmmaking workshops running on each of the three days. Working in crews, lead by experienced film practitioners/tutors, course participants have the opportunity to try a variety of film roles for e.g.: Writer, Director, 2nd Assistant Director, Actor, Camera Operator, Gaffer, Boomswinger and Grip. Included is shooting time in our state of the art film studios. The School of Film & Television emphasizes onset safe practices and working towards professional industry standards.
• Introduction to Screenwriting.
• Visual storytelling through camera placement, framing and lighting.
• What makes a great short film?
• The Cinematographer & Camera Department
• Lots of hands on/practical work, making short films!