The Bachelor of Arts (English as an International language) provides students with the opportunity to raise their English Language level during rather than prior to tertiary study. Combined with the Bachelor of Arts, students will be able to select combinations of subject areas and particular subjects which will best suit their interests and aspirations, all offering a broad set of skill which are essential to all professions.
International Students: Students must undertake four subjects per semester (equivalent to 40 credit points) to fulfil student visa requirements.
Domestic Students: Most Students undertake four subjects per semester (equivalent to 40 credit points). You may, however, enrol in fewer subjects (equivalent to 30 credit points) and extend your degree over a longer period.
Bond's Teaching methodology involves a combination of lectures, tutorials, seminars, examinations, projects, presentations, assignments, computer labs and industry projects.
Students can combine this degree with any other undergraduate degree at Bond (except Medicine) to suit their professional and personal interests. Bond's three-semester academic year allows students to complete two degrees in the same time it would take to complete just one degree at other universities (dependant upon degree combination).
* CORE11-100 Communication Skills
Outcomes: To communicate effectively in writing, speaking and visual; to understand the nature of communication processes and sources of difficulty in communication.
Information Technology (1)
* CORE11-110 Information Technology 1
Outcomes: To work effectively with contemporary information technology; to evaluate critically the current and future role of computing technology in the storage, retrieval and processing of information.
* CORE11-130 Strategic Management
Outcomes: To appreciate the natural, dynamic and strategic positioning of organisations within their environments; to appreciate the nature of effective work in groups.
Foundation subjects (6)
Students must complete 6 subjects from the ENIL offerings and must include:
* ENIL 11-110 English as an International Language 1A
* ENIL 11-111 English as an International Language 1B
* ENIL 11-114 Academic Speaking and Listening 1
* ENIL 12-115 English as an International Language 2
* ENIL 12-116 Academic Speaking and Listening 2
On successful completion of these subjects, (with no further IELTS*), students can:
* Graduate with a Diploma of University English Studies;
* Apply for transfer to another degree program within Humanities and Social Sciences, Business, Law or Health Sciences and Medicine*;
* Continue with the Bachelor of Arts (EIL) which will require completion of a further 16 subjects, including:
o One (1) additional University core subject
o One (1) additional ENIL subject from the H&SS list of undergraduate subjects
o Six (6) subjects drawn from the H&SS list of undergraduate subjects to complete a second major.
Please refer to the list of available majors in the General Rules
o Any eight (8) other subjects of which at least four (4) must come from the H&SS list of undergraduate subjects.