Students must complete a major in the Commercial or Managerial stream.
International Students: To fulfil your student visa requirements, you’ll need to enrol in 40cp per semester. Domestic Students: You have the option of undertaking either 30 or 40cp per semester.
Bond’s teaching methodology involves a combination of lectures, tutorials, seminars, examinations, projects, presentations, assignments, computer labs and industry projects.
Graduates will have the knowledge and skills which will support a number of initial career options including business analyst and which will evolve, with developing experience, to underpin career-tracks leading to Chief Information Officer and Chief Operating Officer.
Accreditation assessment is currently being undertaken by the relevant authorities.
Students can combine this degree with any other undergraduate degree at Bond (except Medicine) to suit their professional and personal interests. Bond's three-semester academic year allows students to complete two degrees in the same time it would take to complete just one degree at other universities (dependant upon degree combination).
Every Bachelor degree student at Bond is required to complete at least one subject from each of the following four discipline clusters
* Communication Skills
* Public Speaking
Outcomes: To communicate effectively in writing, speaking and visual; to understand the nature of communication processes and sources of difficulty in communication.
Information Technology (1)
* Business Applications of IT
Outcomes: To work effectively with contemporary information technology; to evaluate critically the current and future role of computing technology in the storage, retrieval and processing of information.
* Cultural and Ethical Values
* Contemporary Issues in Law and Society
Outcomes: To appreciate the foundation of moral, ethical and social theories and their relevance to issues of public concern and debate; to use theoretical ideas in formulating arguments about how particular issues should be resolved.
* Strategic Management
Outcomes: To appreciate the natural, dynamic and strategic positioning of organisations within their environments; to appreciate the nature of effective work in groups.
IT subjects (8)
8 from the following 10 subjects must be selected:
* Information Systems Development
* Database Management
* Business Systems and Processes
* Strategic IS Management
* Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing
* Business Processes/IT Operations
* Technology Management
* Security and Assurance
* Strategic Change
BUSINESS subjects (8)
Students must select subjects from the Commercial or Managerial Stream:
Students must complete the following 7 subjects:
* Introduction to Accounting
* Cost Management Systems
* Principles of Economics
* Fundamentals of Finance
* Business Law
* Business Mathematics
1 from the following 6 subjects must be selected *:
* Financial Accounting and Company Reporting
* Accounting Theory
* Managerial Planning and Control
* Law of Commercial Entities
* Principles of Taxation Law
* Pre-Requisite requirements may apply for certain subjects.
Students must complete 8 from the following 12 subjects:
* Introduction of Accounting
* Principles of Economics
* Growth Strategies for Entrepreneurial Ventures
* Business Plan Development
* Financing Entrepreneurial Ventures
* Introduction to Finance
* Introduction to Cross Cultural Management
* Organisational Behaviour
* Concepts of Strategy
* Managing Projects
* Students considering the Managerial Stream should ensure they undertake CORE11-131 Entrepreneurship as part of the Core requirements to meet pre-requisite requirements within the major.
A further four subjects may be selected from the undergraduate subjects offered from any Faculty/ School within the University.