About the course
The Bachelor of Clinical Practice (Paramedic) prepares health professionals intending to work in paramedic and emergency care settings. Students will acquire knowledge, skills and values which will enable them to make decisions based on principles of paramedical science, health services management and social science, and to initiate appropriate pre-hospital emergency care.
This Charles Sturt University qualification is an investment in your future.
The Bachelor degree offers:
* the advantages of distance education - flexibility in study times means that you can remain in employment and you can study from your home country
* teaching materials that are relevant, up-to-date and that meet the standards set by accrediting bodies
* quality teaching materials and assessment
* easy access to qualified staff - contact your lecturers in Australia or Canada by telephone, facsimile or electronic mail.
Who is eligible to enrol?
Special admission requirements exist for the Bachelor of Clinical Practice (Paramedic) degree. Applicants need to be currently employed in an ambulance service or appropriate ambulance provider. Ambulance Officers with BLS skills (Level 1 Paramedics with EMCA Certification) need only complete 12 subjects to obtain the Bachelor degree. Advanced life support paramedics (i.e. EMT-P) need only complete eight subjects to obtain the Bachelor degree. Computer access is essential for literature searches, online subject offerings and communication with academic staff.
Students entering the program at EMT-P level receive 128 credit points for previous health-related experience and knowledge, and need only complete eight subjects to graduate. Students entering the program at Level 1 Paramedic with EMCA certification receive 96 credit points for previous health-related experience and knowledge, and need only complete 12 subjects to graduate. The university will advise of credit options when an offer of a place is made.
To graduate, students must satisfactorily complete 192 points (equivalent to 24 subjects).
Refer to the Clinical Requirements section following for information on fieldwork placement requirements:
* Senior First Aid Certificate
* Criminal Record Clearance