Comments about Diploma in Educational Studies - On Campus - Strathfield - New South Wales
The aim of the Diploma in Educational Studies course is to meet the needs of students from diverse backgrounds and with a range of interests who wish to study a program which may enable them to progress to degree studies or to obtain recognition for units successfully completed.
Prerequisites Minimum UAI 55
Diploma in Educational Studies
A student who successfully completes four or more units in the Diploma in Educational Studies may exit with a Non-award Certificate in Educational Studies.
The major objective of the course is to facilitate student access and achievement in higher learning.
On completion of the courses, students will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
1. critical and analytical abilities;
2. enthusiasm to search for further knowledge and understanding;
3. open-mindedness and receptiveness to new ideas;
4. expertise in chosen academic field;
5. knowledge and skills to meet relevant professional requirements;
6. understanding of and commitment to professional ethical standards;
7. communication and interpersonal skills in working with clients and colleagues;
8. commitment to values consistent with the University’s mission;
9. a spirit of service to the community;
10. commitment to good citizenship, including respect for individuals, empathy with persons of differing cultural and religious backgrounds, community responsibility and concern for the environment.
English Language Requirements
IELTS 6.0 with 6.0 in each of the sub-tests