Comments about Diploma in Tertiary Preparation (Nursing) - On Campus - North Sydney - New South Wales
The Diploma in Tertiary Preparation (Nursing) aims to further develop students' English reading, writing, listening and speaking skills to qualify them for successful entry into the Bachelor of Nursing program. Please note: The Diploma in Tertiary Preparation (Nursing) is not a professional nursing qualification. It is intended only as a pathway leading to the ACU National Bachelor of Nursing program.
* Overall score of Academic IELTS 5.5 (with no less than 5.0 in each band) * High School Graduation (with a minimum of 50% pass)
Diploma in Tertiary Preparation (Nursing)
Students are required to complete a total of 80 credit points, consisting of:
* ACOM107 Australian Society
* ACOM105 English Language Communication Skills
* ACOM103 English for Academic Purposes 1
* ACOM117 English for Academic Purposes 2
* ACOM108 Nursing English 1
* ACOM208 Nursing English 2
* ACOM116 Introduction to Nursing in Australia
* ACOM117 Introduction to Science for Nurses
The Diploma in Tertiary Preparation (Nursing) is designed to serve as an alternate entry point into the Bachelor of Nursing. Students who do not qualify for direct entry into the Degree program may enter through the successful completion of the Diploma.
Upon successful completion of the Bachelor of Nursing course, graduands are eligible to seek immediate registration as Registered Nurses with the relevant State Nurse's Registration Authority.
Please note that registration as a nurse in Australia is dependent upon meeting criteria of the relevant registering authority. Students are advised to discuss their eligibility with their Degree Course Coordinator and the local registration authority.
English Language Requirements
Overall score of Academic IELTS 5.5 (with no less than 5.0 in each band)