The Doctor of Physiotherapy (DPT) will produce physiotherapists for the 21st century who are leaders in client advocacy and primary clinical care. As with all programs offered by the Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine, clinical and classroom education is centred on the evidence based practice approach now preferred by the wider medical community. The Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine has formed an educational alliance with McMaster University in Canada, which is internationally renowned for its focus on problem based learning. Bond's DPT embraces a holistic approach, with a strong emphasis on communication skills, ethics and preventative management. Extensive clinical training ensures graduates will be able to effectively relate to and treat patients and clients on every level.
Work Experience & Internships The Doctor of Physiotherapy provides the clinical, pathological and related science theory, as well as the clinical practice elements required to examine, diagnose and treat physiotherapy clients. Students will complete a clinical internship as part of the program.
1. Successful completion of a Bachelor of Exercise Science or Bachelor of Sport Science or equivalent from a recognised institution, with a GPA of at least 5.0 (on a scale where 7.0 is highest), or 2 (on a scale where 4.0 is highest) or equivalent, meeting the following minimum academic entry criteria: * Two semesters of Human Anatomy * One semester of Research/Statistics * One semester of Physiology of Exercise * One semester of Biomechanics * One semester of Exercise Prescription * Two semesters of Human Physiology 2. Successful performance at a selection interview.
Doctor of Physiotherapy
The Doctor of Physiotherapy will produce graduates equipped with the knowledge and skills to become registered as physiotherapists in Australia.*
* Bachelor of Sports Science
* Bachelor of Exercise Science
FEE-HELP is an interest free loan available to Australian citizens and those holding a permanent humanitarian visa.
In addition to FEE-HELP, there is a range of financing options available to students. Why not attend a free Investing in your future seminar to find out more?
* Principles of Physiotherapy
* Musculo-skeletal Physiotherapy I
* Cardio-respiratory Physiotherapy I
* Musculo-skeletal Physiotherapy II
* Cardio-respiratory Physiotherapy II
* Musculo-skeletal I Clinical Practice
* Cardio-respiratory Clinical Practice
* Musculo-skeletal Physiotherapy III
* Neurological Physiotherapy
* Musculo-skeletal II Clinical Practice
* Neurological Physiotherapy Clinical Practice
* Physiotherapy Leadership, Management and Advocacy
* Physiotherapy for Chronic Disease and Disability
* Chronic Disease and Disability Clinical Practice
* Maximising Human Potential
* Evidence Based Practice Project I
* Diversity and/or Life Stage Clinical Practice
* Evidence Based Practice Project II
* Clinical Internship
* The Well Rounded Physiotherapist