Comments about Graduate Certificate in Business Forensics - On Campus - Parkville - Victoria
Graduate Certificate in Business Forensics
The overall aim of the Graduate Certificate in Business Forensics is to improve students' applied knowledge, skills and capabilities as accounting professionals and broaden students' horizons intellectually. The degree is designed to stimulate students' awareness of existing and emerging issues, and advance students' skills in identifying and solving accounting and business analysis problems of an applied nature. The Graduate Certificate aims to provide students with the opportunity to gain specialist skills and knowledge in business forensics. The four subjects taken in the Graduate Certificate can be credited towards the Master of Accounting.
On successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
* Understand the investigative processes involved in recognising and collecting accounting and business evidence which is used in law courts in Australia;
* Recognise the key differences in legislation across Australian jurisdictions;
* Understand the role of legal practitioners and the processes involved in working with regulatory authorities;
* Apply knowledge of accounting and business to practical case studies as well as legal and investigative issues;
* Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of information technology; and
* Know the requirements for obtaining, preserving, analysing and presenting digital evidence that will be acceptable in legal proceedings.
Course Structure & Available Subjects:
Sequence of Study
Year 1 Semester 1
306-690 Forensic Business Processes
One elective subject
Year 1 Semester 2
306-691 Information Technology Forensics
306-667 Accounting Information and Security Valuation
One elective subject:
Students may select one 600 level elective subject from the offerings within the Faculty of Business and Economics. This will be subject to the student having the required pre-requisite subject(s) and the approval of the Program Director and subject co-ordinator.