Fees and charges
Fee paying place - International (IFP)
A Fee paying place is one for which the university does not receive any government funding. As such, students enrolled in these places are required to contribute the full cost of their course.
Fees for international students apply to persons living in Australia with Temporary Resident status, provided that there is no limitation on study and persons living abroad who are not Australian citizens and do not have Permanent Resident status in Australia.
Equivalent Full Time Student Load (EFTSL)
EFTSL is the standard annual full time load. Eight credit points is the standard full time load for one year of study. If you are studying a graduate certificate of 4 credit points, your total course EFTSL is 0.5.
* The 'indicative annual course fee' cited has been provided as a guide only. It has been calculated on the basis of a typical enrolment of a student undertaking the course in 2009, and reflects the cost involved in undertaking a full-time quota of units within the specified discipline.
The actual fees charged by Deakin University will depend upon the discipline from which each individual unit is chosen, and may vary from the indicative course fee cited, particularly if units are chosen from a number of disciplines. The cost of each unit offered in 2009 can be viewed at http://www.deakin.edu.au/current-students/handbooks2009/search.php.
Please note that the fees per unit/credit point may increase annually due to rises in the cost of course delivery and service.
Deakin assumes no responsibility for persons relying on 'indicative course fees' to calculate the total future cost of their course.
To satisfy the requirements of the Graduate Certificate students must complete 4 credit points of elective units selected from any Faculty of Business and Law MBA units (see M701 MBA course entry for units available).
Admission requirements - general
Deakin University offers admission to postgraduate courses through a number of Admission categories. In all categories of admission, selection is based primarily on academic merit as indicated by an applicants previous academic record. The minimum requirements are successful completion of a three-year undergraduate degree, or equivalent, from an approved university or other educational institution or successful completion of other equivalent qualifications gained by examination, or approved professional or industrial experience. International students must also meet the English language requirements.
Advanced standing - general
If you have completed previous studies which you believe may reduce the number of units you have to complete at Deakin, indicate in the appropriate section on your application that you wish to be considered for advanced standing. You will need to provide your previous course details so your credit can be determined. If you are eligible, your offer letter will then contain information about your advanced standing.
Your advanced standing is formally approved prior to your enrolment at Deakin during the Enrolment and Orientation Program. You must bring original documents relating to your previous study so that this approval can occur.
You can also refer to the Advanced Standing System which outlines the credit that may be granted towards a Deakin University degree.
How to apply
* Applicant Portal: Use our online application system to submit and track your application now.
* Apply through a Deakin International office: Fill out an application form and submit it to a Deakin International office.
* Apply through a Deakin representative: Take your application form to your preferred agent for assistance.
Tracking your application:
If you have already applied and wish to enquire about your application please refer to the relevant area through which you originally applied.
* If you applied online, log back into the Applicant Portal using your username and password.
* If you applied through a Deakin representative please contact your representative.
* If you applied through a Deakin International office please contact that office.
M607 Graduate Diploma of Management
M701 Master of Business Administration