Comments about Graduate Diploma in Genetic Counselling - On Campus - Parkville - Victoria
Applications from graduates of an approved University with a cognate subject in genetics are eligible to apply. Applicants from other disciplines will be considered.
Preference is given to applicants who have a demonstrated relevant volunteer or work experience in fields including disability, support networks, counselling helplines.
Graduate Diploma in Genetic Counselling
SEMESTER ONE 50cp
Students complete four core subjects
* Counselling Skills 1 (12.5cp)
* Health Communication Skills 1 (12.5cp)
* Research Project Development (505-948) (12.5cp)
* Human Genetics and Genetic Counselling (12.5cp)
SEMESTER TWO 50cp
Students complete three core subjects
* Genetic Counselling in the Community (12.5cp)
* Health Communication Skills 2 (12.5cp)
* Clinical Genetics (25 points)
Graduate Diploma in Genetic Counselling – 100cp