Comments about Graduate Diploma of Information and Communication Technology Education - Online
CSU’s Information and Communication Technology Education program aims to provide teachers with the skills to integrate ICT into their teaching and to implement a professional development model to enhance standards-based instruction through engaged learning and technology integration in the information technology (IT) area.
Graduate Diploma of Information and Communication Technology Education
Graduate Certificate in Information and Communication Technology Education
About the course
Upon completion of the Graduate Certificate, graduates will possess:
* sufficient theoretical and conceptual background and associated skills in the area of IT
* high-level industry certification from industry such as Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
* competency in a Peer Coaching Program model to train teacher leaders to serve as peer coaches for colleagues in how to integrate technology in ways that will engage students in learning
* competency in developing a peer coaching plan that outlines who will be coached, when the coaching will occur and what roles and responsibilities the coaches assume.
Graduates from the Graduate Diploma in Information and Communication Technology Education will be able to:
* demonstrate sufficient skills to explore new ideas, strategies and specific tools for integrating IT into the curriculum
* effectively use a range of software to assess, diagnose and support learning
* develop and apply information technology based interventions designed to meet the needs of students in the classroom
* compare and contrast alternative approaches to the use of ICT in the classroom
* critically evaluate the potential educational applications of a range of software tools available to teachers in a school context.
Students will graduate from the Graduate Certificate in Information and Communication Technology Education on completion of 32 points (four subjects).
Students will graduate from the Graduate Diploma of Information and Communication Technology Education on completion of 64 points (eight subjects).