Career paths available for graduates with a qualification in property valuation include but are not limited to: Investment Trust Manager, Rural Property Broker/Consultant, Property Developer, Business Broker, Property Finance Consultant, Property Consultant, Property Researcher, Asset Manager, Sales and Leasing Negotiator, Portfolio Manager, Property Manager, Valuer (real property and plan/machinery).
Students complete the following core units:
SRP711 Introduction to Property
SRP712 Statutory Valuation
SRP722 Sustainable Construction
SRP742 Property Investment
SIT010 Safety Induction Program
SRP721 Property Law and Practice
SRP731 Property Management
SRP732 Introduction to Property Development
SRP741 Advanced Property Analysis
* SIT010 is a 0 cp safety unit
Admission requirements - general
Deakin University offers admission to postgraduate courses through a number of Admission categories.
In all categories of admission, selection is based primarily on academic merit as indicated by an applicants previous academic record. The minimum requirements are successful completion of a three-year undergraduate degree, or equivalent, from an approved university or other educational institution or successful completion of other equivalent qualifications gained by examination, or approved professional or industrial experience. International students must also meet the English language requirements.
Advanced standing - general
If you have completed previous studies which you believe may reduce the number of units you have to complete at Deakin, indicate in the appropriate section on your application that you wish to be considered for advanced standing. You will need to provide your previous course details so your credit can be determined. If you are eligible, your offer letter will then contain information about your advanced standing.
Your advanced standing is formally approved prior to your enrolment at Deakin during the Enrolment and Orientation Program. You must bring original documents relating to your previous study so that this approval can occur.
You can also refer to the Advanced Standing System which outlines the credit that may be granted towards a Deakin University degree.
How to apply
* Applicant Portal: Use our online application system to submit and track your application now.
* Apply through a Deakin International office: Fill out an application form and submit it to a Deakin International office.
* Apply through a Deakin representative: Take your application form to your preferred agent for assistance.
Tracking your application:
If you have already applied and wish to enquire about your application please refer to the relevant area through which you originally applied.
* If you applied online, log back into the Applicant Portal using your username and password.
* If you applied through a Deakin representative please contact your representative.
* If you applied through a Deakin International office please contact that office.