This exceptional program provides a professional qualification in valuation to those who hold an undergraduate degree in a semi-cognate discipline such as Commerce, Business, Planning, Architecture, Building, Quantity Surveying, Law or Engineering and at least one year of documented relevant work experience, or equivalent.
The purpose of the graduate diploma is to provide graduates in semi-cognate disciplines with sufficient valuation theory and practice to achieve recognition as a certified practicing valuer (after a requisite period of industry experience).
The course aims to develop skills in property valuation and is designed to:
* Enhance existing qualifications;
* Extend the knowledge obtained in earlier studies to include property valuation;
* Extend proficiency in technical and managerial aspects of property;
* Gain an understanding of property concepts; and,
* Have the background knowledge at the completion of the course necessary for entry to the valuation profession and / or for further academic studies.