Manage Human Resource Consultancy Services
Determine strategies for delivery of human resource services
Manage the delivery of human resource services
Evaluate HR service delivery
Manage Human Resource Information Systems
Identify HR information requirements
Select HR information management system
Implement HR information system
Monitor/evaluate performance of HR information system
Manage Performance Management Systems
Develop performance management systems
Implement performance management systems
Coordinate formal feedback processes
Coordinate individual/group learning development plans
Manage industrial relations and processes
Conflict management and dispute resolution
Develop industrial relations (IR) strategies/policies
Manage Remuneration and Employee Benefits
Remuneration packaging, strategy and development
Market rates reviews
Legislative aspects of remuneration and employee benefits
Manage Recruitment Selection and Induction Processes
Develop recruitment selection and induction processes
Recruitment and selection of staff
Manage induction of staff
Establishment and maintenance of systems to deal with redeployment, separation and termination of employment
Dismissal and redundancy, including exit interviews
Manage Work/Life Skills
* Research and analyse work/life needs
* Plan work/life skills project
* Implement, administer and monitor project
* Evaluate projects
Manage Rehabilitation/Return to Work Programs
Establish rehabilitation / return-to-work program for workers compensation and sick leave employees
Monitor / evaluate rehabilitation / return-to-work program
How Will You Benefit?
* Fast track your career in human resources
* Learn the inside secrets of how to become a HR pro in months not years!
* Study a human resources course that was designed in conjunction with the federal government and HR industry
* Free up valuable time, don't waste time and money travelling to classes
* Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
* Have access to a tutor who works in the industry you are training for
* Easy interest free payment plans from as low as $49 per week
Start reaping the benefits by enrolling today!
Human resource management involves recruiting personnel, induction, training, salary & benefits, contract administration and handling various other workplace employee and contractor relations matters.
Every industry, business and trade needs human resource managers for maintaining their work force. So job prospects for human resource specialists and managers are bright. You are likely to find work with almost any company’s human resources department, or perhaps you may choose a career in a specialist HR agency that handles outsourced human resources needs for company's who may not have internal HR Departments.
The earning potential on a median basis is $65.000 to $88.000 annually. Top level executive positions can earn up to $114.000. As with all salaries variations can be expected based on the level of experience, training, location and size of the organisation you are employed with.
Course Levels Explained / Prerequisites
This course leads to the awarding of either a Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma depending on which level you enrol at. The different levels are achieved by the amount of course content and assessments involved within each module at the basic (Certificate), intermediate (Diploma) and advanced (Advanced Diploma) levels. You will be able to learn about what the difference is between the three levels below:
1. Certificate: represents a basic level of operational knowledge with general knowledge. Suitable for basic entry level positions.
2. Diploma: qualifications recognises the graduates capacity for initiative and judgment across a broad range of technical and management functions. Diploma holders typically have personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
3. Advanced Diploma: The graduate is able to apply a significant range of principles and techniques across various contexts and functions. Graduates can expect to be involved in significant judgments, planning, and leadership/guidance functions related to workplace products, services, operations or procedures.
The average time within which students complete studies is:
* Certificate Level - 14 weeks,
* Diploma Level - 24 weeks,
* Advanced Diploma Level - 31 weeks.
ICI courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in.
* Completing your course with ICI is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready.
* The maximum time given to complete a program is three years.
Study Mode : Distance Learning
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be locked into a timetable.
Our course content and learning experience ensure that your course is relevant and interesting. Learning, tutorial assistance, assessments takes place whenever and wherever you are in the country or world. It takes place at your own pace on your own terms to fit your lifestyle. As an ICI student, you’ll never endure a pop quiz, spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars travelling, and never be late with an assignment or for class.
Enrolments statistics reveal that students from the following categories are currently taking advantage of the distance learning experience at ICI:
* Government, business & industry employers 32%
* High school leavers 20%
* Individuals looking to start a business or change career paths 18%
* Individuals already in the industry looking to formalise and/or update knowledge and seek a promotion 11%
* Military personal 11%
* Stay at home mothers 8%
Recognition & Accreditation
This course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC). The courses offered by ICI are unique as they take a very "hands on" approach. Our courses are not designed to teach you just the "theory" behind the industry - they are written and tutored by industry professionals and will fast-track you into a new career of your choice.
Various government departments and business's have enrolled their own staff with ICI for further training and development and is a strong indicator of acceptance and recognition by employers and industry.
The following is a partial list of companies and government departments which have enrolled or sponsored staff into ICI courses:
* Department of Defence
* State of Queensland
* Department of Tourism, Regional Development & Industry
* Department of Employment, Economic Development & Innovation
* Revenue SA (State of South Australia)
* Metcash Trading Ltd Australia (IGA)
* Navman Technologies
* Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane
* Employment Directions Network / Department of Education & Training
* Queensland Compensation
* Calvin Klein
* John Paul College
* Darwin International Airport
* Mitsubishi Corporation
* Commonwealth Bank
* American Express
* Clayton UTZ
* Hennikers Solicitors
* Villari Lawyers
* Aviva Australia Holdings,
* Uniting Care Institute of Family Practice
* Federal Workplace Authority
* Centacare Employment Group
* Mission Australia
* MAX Employment
* Gunnebo Australia (Security)
* Brookfield Multiplex
* Coca-Cola Amitil
* Coles Myer Ltd
Already in the Profession or Industry?
This course and qualification is a great way of consolidating existing knowledge via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), updating your industry skills and contributing towards your professional development. It is also one of the most practical steps you can take towards working towards gaining a promotion or better paid position.
Course fees can be claimed as a tax deduction as long as the course is sufficiently connected to your work activities.
What Do I Get?
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
* All required study materials and course notes
* Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
* Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
* UNESCO endorsed Student ID card giving students access to thousands of discounts both at home and overseas! Save on transport, accommodation, communications, food, shopping, movies and more!
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
* A graduation certificate officially recognizing your successful completion of studies and qualifications as a human resources professional
* Transcripts indicating units completed
* Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
* Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipHR
* Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Program