Comments about Master of Arts (Cinema Studies) Thesis only - On Campus - Parkville - Victoria
Master of Arts (Cinema Studies) Thesis only
The masters degree is designed for students to develop advanced skills in carrying out independent and sustained research in cinema studies. The thesis should demonstrate a critical application of specialist knowledge and make an independent contribution to existing scholarship in the area of research. Candidates may advance to the Doctor of Philosophy degree after successful completion of the masters or may apply to convert to the PhD at an earlier stage. An honours grade of at least H2B (70%) must be attained to qualify for the award of the masters degree.
Students who complete the masters will develop:
* a knowledge of modern critical frameworks for the study of film and new media;
* the ability to analyse primary historical and contemporary source material;
* an understanding of the critical reception of works of art, such as film;
* the ability to prepare an original piece of research;
* the ability to develop and sustain an argument based upon that research;
* the ability to develop a knowledge and understanding of research techniques.