Comments about Master of Arts (Media and Communication) Adv.Seminar & Shorter Thesis - On Campus - Parkville - Victoria
Master of Arts (Media and Communication) (Advanced Seminar & Shorter Thesis)
The MA (Advanced Seminar & Shorter Thesis) provides students with an opportunity to undertake advanced study of media and communications by advanced seminars and a shorter thesis. Students will study an advanced course in media and communications theory and method before undertaking supervised research in an approved area of research.
Students who complete the masters will:
* demonstrate an informed awareness of the changing international and global contexts of media communication and how these are currently being researched and studied;
* demonstrate understanding of major positions of theory and debate informing the study of global media communication and be able to critically engage with these;
* deploy methods and selected methodology in sustained media and communication research;
* demonstrate specialist knowledge in the area of their research and present research findings and argument in a suitably structured and sequenced thesis that conforms to protocols of academic presentation and research practice;
* demonstrate an adequate understanding of, and commitment to, research ethics in their research practice.
Course Structure & Available Subjects:
* Thesis 20,000-22,000 (75 points)
* 2 elective advanced seminar subjects (25 points)