Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
Comments about Master of Laws - On Campus - Robina - Queensland
Students may complete a generalist degree or qualify for one of the following specialisations by completing at least 4 electives in that area of study: * Corporate and Commercial Law * Alternative Dispute Resolution * International Trade Law * Intellectual Property, Information Technology and eCommerce * International Legal Practice
Work Experience & Internships Students under taking the Master of Laws (International Legal Practise) are required to complete a 13 to 26 week practise at a private law firm or organisation employing lawyers in-house.
Master of Laws
For domestic students with a law background, the LLM provides a specialist postgraduate qualification for students intending to practice law in Australia. For international students it provides a wide range of international law, comparative law, IP and trade law, and dispute resolution subjects to broaden and internationalise an undergraduate law qualification. The MBL and MJuris provide opportunities for students from non-law or quasi-legal backgrounds
International students are required to study a minimum of 30 credit points per semester to fulfil Australian study visa requirements.
These awards are not professional degrees and do not qualify students to practice law.
Combined degrees are encouraged and take between three and five semesters full-time to complete. A LawMasters can be combined with most other postgraduate awards. Students must meet admission requirements for both awards.
Students must complete 2 introductory subjects:
* Introduction to Common Law
* Advanced Legal Research and Writing
Plus 6 electives which include:
* Alternative Dispute Resolution
* Australian Government and Politics
* Banking and Finance Law
* Basic Trial Advocacy
* Competition Law
* Contemporary Issues in Law and Society
* Copyright and Entertainment Law
* Dispute Systems Design
* Electronic Commerce and the Law
* Employment and Labour Relations Law
* Equitable Remedies
* European Business Law
* Family Law
* Global Issues in Intellectual Property
* Human Rights Law
* Immigration LawIndividual Study in Law
* Information Technology and the Law
* Intellectual and Industrial Property Law
* International Banking and Finance Law
* International Contracts
* International Investment Transactions
* International Law
* International Law Project
* International Trade and Business Law
* International Trade Law System
* International Trade Transactions
* Issues in Criminal Justice
* Law and Medicine
* Law of Technological Innovation
* Legal Drafting and Conveyancing
* Media and Telecommunications Law
* Mediation • Miscarriages of Justice
* On-Line Dispute Resolution
* Principles of Taxation Law
* Takeovers and Securities Regulation
* Taxation of Business Entities
* Taxation of International Business
* Theory and Principles of Dispute Resolution
(Not all electives are offered every year)
If appropriate supervision is available, students may elect to replace two elective subjects with a minor dissertation or complete the degree entirely via a major thesis on an approved topic.