The Postgraduate Diploma in Community Cultural Development Practice aims to address increasing work opportunities in the field of community cultural development (CCD) and cross-sectoral community based arts practice.
The course aims to provide an intensive learning experience for artists/animateurs from all art forms, who have a commitment to social justice and to the role of art as a process for intervention.
The course responds to the field’s expressed training needs, and will incorporate studies in a creative paradigm incorporating CCD practice, context, process and theory, and specifically aim to engage artists/animateurs experientially through the development of practical, theoretical and management skill, vital to career development in this field.
The objectives of this course are:
• to produce artists/animateurs with a high degree of proficiency in CCD process and practice;
• to produce artists/animateurs who have a comprehensive knowledge of working with culturally/linguistically/regionally diverse communities;
• to produce artists/animateurs with effective project development, management and evaluation skills;
• to equip artists/animateurs with the necessary project management skills to manage their own career, project or programs of community-based arts practice;
• to produce artists/animateurs who can contribute to the growing field of CCD research, critical analysis and ‘best practice’;
• to provide artists/animateurs with a recognised postgraduate qualification in CCD;
• to develop a new generation of CCD cross-sectoral practitioners;
• to promote critical reflection on the role of the professional artist/animateurs working in a CCD context the local and global community;
• to foster in artists/animateurs a spirit of inquiry, creativity and initiative to progress the field of knowledge in CCD; and
• to prepare artists/animateurs for Master’s Degree pathway in CCD.
Subjects by Year
• 754-801 - Theoretical Frameworks
• 754-802 - Cultural Development Policy Paradigm
• 754-803 - Innovative New Work
• 754-804 - Brokering Cross-Sectoral Partnerships
• 754-805 - Praxis in Community Cultural Development
• 754-806 - Practicum
• 754-807 - Research Project (CCD)