Key Study Areas
You will study:
* Literacy - based around your needs in the industry
* Numeracy - based around industry needs
* Work related skills - First Aid, OHS, community project
* Industry specific skills - in 2008, units in Landscape from Certificate II in Horticulture. In 2009, electives from all departments of the Institute will be offered to students.
* Personal Development skills- project learning which develops your employability skills and assists you to identify your strengths.
• Bendigo (Charleston Road Campus)
• Echuca Campus
In 2009, VCAL programs will run full time for the duration of the school year.
• Individual Interview
• Group Interview
Horticulture: This program will prepare the students for taking up a traineeship/apprenticeship or other employment in the Horticulture industry, particularly in the area of landscaping.
in 2009 will focus on assisting students to plan and experience vocational tasters, with a view to further study within TAFE, beyond VCAL
. It will also prepare you for entry level employment.
Further Study Options
Horticulture: At the end of your studies in this program you can choose to continue your studies in Horticulture or VCAL
, or any other course of your choosing.
At the conclusion of your VCAL
program, you can apply for any vocational course within TAFE. You will be assisted to develop your pathway during your VCA
L program. Your experience in the VCAL
Taster program may assist you to gain entry to another vocational program.
You will be assessed as part of this course.
In order to gain a VCAL
certificate, you need to study 1000 hours in 5 strands: Literacy, Numeracy, Industry Specific Skills, Work Related Skills, Personal Development Skills.