Why study Work Ed/VCAL at BRIT?
* Small classes of less than 10
* Support worker available to all students in classes
* Staff with extra qualifications in Special Education and Vocational Education
* Support workers with training and experience in working with people with disabilities
* Extensive up to date resources/purpose designed facilities such as kitchens and workshops
* Caring, individual attention - students learn at their own pace using a variety of learning modes
Key Study Areas
There are 12 different modules in the course. These can be grouped into:
* Literacy/numeracy/personal interaction studies
* Workplace education
* Vocational electives
This course includes the modules from Certificate I in Work Education and supplementary units from Victorian Certificate in Applied Learning.
• Bendigo (City Campus)
• Echuca Campus
• Individual Interview
• Group Interview
At the completion of this level, students could expect to have the skills and attitudes to apply for entry level positions where their work is supervised. Students, through their work experience and vocational elective modules, can gain skills and experience to take to an employment agency or a job interview.
What qualifications do I recieve?
At the conclusion of the 2 years, students who have successfully completed all units offered, will receive Certificate I in Work Education and the Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning. They will also receive certificates for any other modules studied from Certificate I in Transition Education.
Further Study Options
Through their vocational electives and work experiences, students can try out industries of interest. On completion of this certificate they can apply for entry into relevant industry courses.
For example if a student has enjoyed and been successful in hospitality modules within this course, he or she may choose to apply to enter a hospitality course the year after he/she graduates from
Cetificate I in Work Education.
You will be assessed as part of this course.
Over 2 years, students undertake:-
* 2 VCAL units, either personal development or work related skills
* All modules from Certificate I in Work Education
* Some modules from Certificate I in Transition Education
Typical Course Content (exact details may be obtained from the teaching centre)
BSBCMN106A Follow workplace safety procedures
ICAITTW011B Participate In A Team And Individually To Achieve Organisation Goals
TDTE397B Participate In Basic Workplace Communication
VBM686 Numeracy And Mathematics - Introductory
VBP512 Individual Vocational Plan
VBP513 Interpersonal Communication Skills
VBP514 Personal Management Skills
VBP515 Community Skills
VBP516 Career Planning
VBP517 Workplace Education
VBP518 Vocational Elective
Certificate I in Work Education is delivered over 2 years.