The combined group and individual Spanish classes start every Monday during the year, except for Argentine holidays. Lessons are Monday to Friday. This course option consists of 20 hours a week group classes from 9 am to 1 pm, and 10 hours a week of individual lessons from 2pm to 4pm.
Our average group class size is 4 students giving you plenty of one-on-one time with your teacher and ample time for questions or review. You can practice conversation, engage in group activities, improve sentence structure, and maintain fluency throughout your Spanish learning with fellow classmates. This will then be followed with an afternoon private Spanish lesson where you will have your Spanish teacher all to yourself! The advantage of this is that your private Spanish class can be exactly what you want and need it to be. Your teacher will tailor each lesson to your specific grammatical and conversational needs and their attention will be entirely focused your Spanish learning and not the needs of other classmates. In a private class oral communication is emphasized without losing attention to reading, writing, grammar and vocabulary acquirement. This combination of group and private lessons is the quickest way to advance your Spanish language skills.
We also provide accommodation options for our students with a native Spanish speaker. This allows students to practice their Spanish at home and learn about Argentine culture. Students can select a homestay (includes 2 daily meals) or shared apartment accommodation option.
Expanish Spanish School is a member of SEA (Association of Language Centers in Argentina). We follow the accredited Spanish curriculum model of the Cervantes Institute. Our teaching methods combine a variety of successful methodologies in order to ensure the most effective courses possible for our students.
Our Spanish teachers are native Spanish speakers. All of the Expanish staff and Spanish teachers are professional, energetic, and committed to student learning.
We offer many activities to complement our Spanish classes which provide students the opportunity to practice their Spanish with locals and to also learn about Argentine culture, including:
Weekend Excursions from Buenos Aires – a chance to practice your Spanish!
- Day trip to Colonia, Uruguay
- Day trip to an Estancia (traditional ranch), Argentina
- Weekend trip to Iguazú Falls, Argentina
- Weekend trip to Mendoza, Argentina
Weekly Activities – an opportunity to put your new-found Spanish skills to the test
Spanish student activities are offered every day of the week in Buenos Aires in order to supplement the student experience without interfering with Spanish school coursework. The coordination of these activities is included in each student’s Spanish course. Most activities offered are free or at a low cost for students to cover entrance fees or meal costs.
- Weekly staff and student dinners
- Weekly soccer games
- Day trips to Tigre
- Local band concerts
- Day at an Estancia (traditional Argentine ranch)
- Asados (Argentine barbecue)
- Wine tasting
- Cooking classes
- Tango show and classes
- Museum and exhibit visits and more
Workshops – learn a new skills while practicing Spanish
- Fileteado painting
Our School is in a beautiful historical building. The interior has been newly refurbished and is outfitted with state-of-the-art equipment, comfortable classrooms and spacious student common areas to facilitate the pursuit of learning while also providing a place to rest, relax and socialize.
Some of the features of our Expanish Spanish School are:
• Large street entrance and welcome area
• 6 purpose built floors
• naturally-lit classrooms
• Student amenities and administration
• Two elevators and staircase
• Bathroom facilities on every floor
• Sound proof windows
• Top floor student common room complete with sofas, computers and study area
• Student common room co-located with the teachers common room to facilitate engagement
• Student snack areas
• Projection room for DVD/video screenings
• E-lab with 10 computer terminals (from 2011)
• Tutorial and seminar rooms
• Wi-Fi throughout the building
• Rooftop terrace with superb views of the city (open 2011)
• Air-conditioning and central heating
• Electronically controlled entrance
The price includes:
- Spanish placement level test
- Pre-arrival and welcome package
- Spanish class materials
- 24-hour emergency telephone
- Computer terminals for use and free internet access
- Free snacks, water, juice, tea and coffee
- Student advice and support
- Various weekly activities
- Certificate of completion at the end of the course