Our private Spanish lessons can be taken for as little as 2 hours a week to 20 hours a week. Having an individual Spanish lesson means you have your Spanish teacher all to yourself! The advantage of this is that your Spanish class can be exactly what you want and need it to be. Your teacher will tailor each lesson to your specific grammatical and conversational needs and their attention will be entirely focused your Spanish learning and not the needs of other classmates. In a private class oral communication is emphasized without losing attention to reading, writing, grammar and vocabulary acquirement. This combined with the individual attention will have you quickly speaking Spanish confidently.
Private lessons are available in the afternoon so that if you wish, they can be combined with group classes in the mornings.
We also provide accommodation options for our students with a native Spanish speaker. This allows students to practice their Spanish at home and learn about Argentine culture. Students can select a homestay (includes 2 daily meals) or shared apartment accommodation option.
We offer many activities to complement our Spanish classes which provide students the opportunity to practice their Spanish with locals and to also learn about Argentine culture, including:
Weekend Excursions from Buenos Aires – a chance to practice your Spanish!
- Day trip to Colonia, Uruguay
- Day trip to an Estancia (traditional ranch), Argentina
- Weekend trip to Iguazú Falls, Argentina
- Weekend trip to Mendoza, Argentina
The price includes:
- Spanish placement level test
- Pre-arrival and welcome package
- Spanish class materials
- 24-hour emergency telephone
- Computer terminals for use and free internet access
- Free snacks, water, juice, tea and coffee
- Student advice and support
- Various weekly activities
- Certificate of completion at the end of the course
Our School is in a beautiful historical building. The interior has been newly refurbished and is outfitted with state-of-the-art equipment, comfortable classrooms and spacious student common areas to facilitate the pursuit of learning while also providing a place to rest, relax and socialize.
Some of the features of our Expanish Spanish School (from July 2010) are:
- Large street entrance and welcome area
- 6 purpose built floors
- naturally-lit classrooms
- Student amenities and administration
- Two elevators and staircase
- Bathroom facilities on every floor
- Sound proof windows
- Top floor student common room complete with sofas, computers and study area
- Student common room co-located with the teachers common room to facilitate engagement
- Student snack areas
- Projection room for DVD/video screenings
- E-lab with 10 computer terminals (from 2011)
- Tutorial and seminar rooms
- Wi-Fi throughout the building
- Rooftop terrace with superb views of the city (open 2011)
- Air-conditioning and central heating
- Electronically controlled entrance
Expanish Spanish School is a member of SEA (Association of Language Centers in Argentina). We follow the accredited Spanish curriculum model of the Cervantes Institute. Our teaching methods combine a variety of successful methodologies in order to ensure the most effective courses possible for our students.
Our Spanish teachers are native Spanish speakers. All of the Expanish staff and Spanish teachers are professional, energetic, and committed to student learning.