The Executive MBA Family Business is structured to accommodate senior managers who cannot afford to take time out for full-time study.
On-campus classes are scheduled in a series of one and two-week in-residence sessions, spaced out over a 13-month period or extended over 26 months, allowing managers to utilise their allotted holiday and long service leave to earn senior level qualifications with minimum interruption to their work commitments.
The core Executive MBA Family Business program offers an integrated framework of advanced business knowledge and practical skills that each candidate can directly apply to their relevant industry sector.
Issues such as family business governance, best practice management, brand building and the blending of employee interests are presented within the framework of market-oriented decision making, resource management, growth strategies and innovation.
Drawing on the theoretical acumen and international consulting expertise of the Faculty’s most senior academics, candidates will be challenged to discuss, dissect and develop practical and innovative solutions to management scenarios drawn from their individual corporate situations.
The development of leadership qualities underpins every aspect of the program, enhancing each candidate’s ability to identify and harness the talents of a diverse team of individuals.
Throughout the program, a clear emphasis will be placed on leadership qualities, through a series of executive skills and leadership development workshops. Student must complete the following core subjects:
* Executive Skills and Leadership**
* Major Application Project**
* Self Insights, Teamwork & Strategic Thinking
* Market Orientated Decision Making
* Strategic Tools and Leadership
* Financial Accounting and Analysis
* Managing Resources
* Markets and Organisations
* Creating and Growing a Business
* Strategic People Management and Organisational Change
Plus the following 4 Family Business Management subjects:
* Family Business Insights and Leadership
* Family Business in a Global Context - Study Tour
* Professionalising Family Business Management
* Professionalising Family Business Governance
Plus 2 half subject electives - indicative subjects include:
* Corporate Governance
* Executive Negotiation Strategies
* Mergers and Takeovers
* Management Consulting
* Business Law
* Sustainable Business Excellence
* Special Topic in Executive Management
* For international students this program is only available to those on a business or visitor visa for the duration of their studies. The program is not available to student visa holders.
**Half Unit Subjects
The program commences with a two-week Orientation module, followed by one-week modules scheduled at six-week intervals. There will be another two-week module in the middle of the program, held at an international location, and a final module for project presentations.
The extended 26-week program commences with a two-week Orientation module, followed by one-week modules scheduled at twelve-week intervals. In addition there are one-day assessment sessions (project presentations and integration/reflection sessions) in the weekend every six weeks. Similar to the 13-Week Option, the two-week module in the middle of the program, held at an international location, and a final module for project presentations.