Implement effective workplace relationships
This unit specifies the outcomes required to collect, analyse and communicate information and to use that information to develop and maintain effective working relationships and networks, with particular regard to communication and representation
Implement operational plan
This unit specifies the outcomes required to develop and monitor the implementation of the operational plan to provide efficient and effective workplace practices within the organisation's productivity and profitability plans. Management at a strategic level requires systems and procedures to be developed and implemented to facilitate the organisation's operational plan
Promote team effectiveness
This unit specifies the outcomes required of frontline managers to promote teamwork. It involves developing team plans to meet expected outcomes, leading the work team, and proactively working with the management of the organisation
Develop work priorities
This unit covers the skills and knowledge required to plan own work schedules, monitor and obtain feedback on work performance and development
Monitor a safe workplace
This unit is concerned with OHS responsibilities of employees with supervisory responsibilities to implement and monitor the organisation's Occupational Health and Safety policies, procedures and programs in the relevant work area to meet legislative requirements
Implement workplace information system
This unit specifies the outcomes required to implement the workplace information system. It involves the identification, acquisition, initial analysis and use of appropriate information which plays a significant part in the organisation's effectiveness
Implement continuous improvement
This unit specifies the outcomes required to implement the organisation's continuous improvement systems and processes. Particular emphasis is on using systems and strategies to actively encourage the team to participate in the process, monitoring and reviewing performance, and identifying opportunities for further improvements
Develop teams and individuals
This unit covers the skills and knowledge required to determine individual and team development needs and facilitate the development of the workgroup
Identify risk and apply risk management processes
This unit addresses identifying risks, analysing and evaluating risks, treating risks and monitoring and reviewing the effectiveness of treatment of risks
This unit covers the management of a straightforward project or a section of a larger project. It focuses on the application of project management skills and the requirement to meet timelines, quality standards, budgetary limits and other requirements set for the project
Facilitate and capitalise on change and innovation
This unit specifies the outcomes required to plan and manage the introduction and facilitation of change. Particular emphasis is on the development of creative and flexible approaches, and on managing emerging opportunities and challenges
Manage budgets and financial plans within the work team
This unit specifies the outcomes required for financial management within a work team in an organisation. This includes planning and implementing financial management approaches, supporting team members whose role involves aspects of financial operations, monitoring and controlling finances, and reviewing and evaluating effectiveness of financial management processes in line with the financial objectives of the work team and the organisation
How Will You Benefit?
* Fast track your career in frontline management
* Learn the inside secrets of how frontline managers effectively manage people and projects
* Study a frontline management course that was designed in conjunction with prominent industry representatives
* Free up valuable time, don't waste time and money travelling to classes
* Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
* Have access to a tutor who works in the industry you are training for
* Easy interest free payment plans from as low as $49 per week
Start reaping the benefits by enrolling today!
The Frontline Management course covers the core management requirements required by supervisors, team leaders and operational managers. The course is particularly appropriate training for those who want to become:
* an effective team member
* a proactive and innovative contributor
* recognised as someone who can plan and consistently reach their goals
* an effective and efficient team-orientated manager
* a person capable of improving profitability and strategic outcomes.
On completion of this qualification you will be prepared to enter into management and supervisor positions in a broad range of industries.
Typical positions include: team leader, manager and supervisor.
Course Levels Explained
This course leads to the awarding of either a Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma depending on which level you enrol at. The different levels are achieved by the amount of course content and assessments involved within each module at the basic (Certificate), intermediate (Diploma) and advanced (Advanced Diploma) levels. You will be able to learn about what the difference is between the three levels below:
1. Certificate: represents a basic level of operational knowledge with general knowledge. Suitable for basic entry level positions.
2. Diploma: qualifications recognises the graduates capacity for initiative and judgment across a broad range of technical and management functions. Diploma holders typically have personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
3. Advanced Diploma: The graduate is able to apply a significant range of principles and techniques across various contexts and functions. Graduates can expect to be involved in significant judgments, planning, and leadership/guidance functions related to workplace products, services, operations or procedures.
The average time within which students complete studies is:
* Certificate Level - 14 weeks,
* Diploma Level - 24 weeks,
* Advanced Diploma Level - 31 weeks.
ICI courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in.
* Completing your course with ICI is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready.
* The maximum time given to complete a program is three years.
Study Mode : Distance Learning
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be locked into a timetable.
Our course content and learning experience ensure that your course is relevant and interesting. Learning, tutorial assistance, assessments takes place whenever and wherever you are in the country or world. It takes place at your own pace on your own terms to fit your lifestyle. As an ICI student, you’ll never endure a pop quiz, spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars travelling, and never be late with an assignment or for class.
Enrolments statistics reveal that students from the following categories are currently taking advantage of the distance learning experience at ICI:
* Government, business & industry employers 32%
* High school leavers 20%
* Individuals looking to start a business or change career paths 18%
* Individuals already in the industry looking to formalise and/or update knowledge and seek a promotion 11%
* Military personal 11%
* Stay at home mothers 8%
Recognition & Accreditation
This course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC). The courses offered by ICI are unique as they take a very "hands on" approach. Our courses are not designed to teach you just the "theory" behind the industry - they are written and tutored by industry professionals and will fast-track you into a new career of your choice.
Various government departments and business's have enrolled their own staff with ICI for further training and development and is a strong indicator of acceptance and recognition by employers and industry.
The following is a partial list of companies and government departments which have enrolled or sponsored staff into ICI courses:
* Department of Defence
* State of Queensland
* Department of Tourism, Regional Development & Industry
* Department of Employment, Economic Development & Innovation
* Revenue SA (State of South Australia)
* Metcash Trading Ltd Australia (IGA)
* Navman Technologies
* Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane
* Employment Directions Network / Department of Education & Training
* Queensland Compensation
* Calvin Klein
* John Paul College
* Darwin International Airport
* Mitsubishi Corporation
* Commonwealth Bank
* American Express
* Clayton UTZ
* Hennikers Solicitors
* Villari Lawyers
* Aviva Australia Holdings,
* Uniting Care Institute of Family Practice
* Federal Workplace Authority
* Centacare Employment Group
* Mission Australia
* MAX Employment
* Gunnebo Australia (Security)
* Brookfield Multiplex
* Coca-Cola Amitil
* Coles Myer Ltd
Already in the Profession or Industry?
This course and qualification is a great way of consolidating existing knowledge via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), updating your industry skills and contributing towards your professional development. It is also one of the most practical steps you can take towards working towards gaining a promotion or better paid position.
Course fees can be claimed as a tax deduction as long as the course is sufficiently connected to your work activities.
What Do I Get?
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
* All required study materials and course notes
* Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
* Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
* UNESCO endorsed Student ID card giving students access to thousands of discounts both at home and overseas! Save on transport, accommodation, communications, food, shopping, movies and more!
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
* A graduation certificate officially recognizing your successful completion of studies and qualifications as a frontline manager
* Transcripts indicating units completed
* Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
* Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipFrntLnMgt
* Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Program