The course aims to:
• Develop candidates choreographic skills and understanding;
• Develop understanding and use of theoretical frameworks to evaluate and critique dance performance;
• Develop capacity to evaluate, discriminate and make informed choices as part of
• choreographic practice within aesthetic domains;
• Develop abilities to collaborate in local, national and international contexts;
• Promote the exploration of dance as a communicative mode;
• Explore the potentials of diverse media in choreographic production.
A coursework Masters provides a framework for acquiring skills in choreography, including the capacity for students to further develop their unique creative qualities. The course is designed to contextualise student's creative activity within the local and global art worlds. It develops student communication abilities and capacity to collaborate with other artists. It fosters the ability to identify and seek out opportunities for artistic collaboration within communities, and develops the student's capacity to discriminate and make choices at all stages of artistic creation. The course provides a sound basis for learning and creative exploration.