Speak without obligation to
Faculty of the VCA and Music, University of Melbourne
Your request has been sent correctly
Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
Comments about Master of Dance (Performance) (by Research) - On Campus - Melbourne - Victoria
The Master of Dance(Performance)(by Research) gives students the opportunity to further extend their performance skills.
Dance Performance is the major focus of the undergraduate program in the Performing Arts. A logical extension of the undergraduate program is the provision of opportunities for research in dance performance at the postgraduate level. Research in Dance will:
• enhance knowledge of dance as a performing art and establish foundations for future research and advancement of the discipline;
• provide opportunities for dancers to re-enter the academy at an appropriate level after considerable experience as professional performers;
• encourage elite performers to undertake research in collaboration with experienced
choreographers in the systematic investigation of choreography and dance;
• provide a foundation for mature dancers to undertake leadership roles in future dance education and training.
An advanced level research project which covers the whole course.
The research will consist of the following components:
• a 2,500 word research proposal outlining the objectives and methodology;
• directed study courses or secondments arranged in liaison with the course supervisor which provide theoretical and/or practical support for the major research project;
• students with limited research background will be required to undertake appropriate preliminary training in research methodologies;
• contribution to postgraduate seminars through regular reports on research progress;
• the research findings will be submitted via practical performance demonstrations supported and complemented by appropriate documentation and a research paper of 15,000 words.