Speak without obligation to
Charles Sturt University Bathurst Campus
Your request has been sent correctly
Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
Comments about Master of Education (Inclusive Education) - Online
The course is designed for graduates with qualifications in human development services such as teaching, speech pathology, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, psychology or nursing where a special interest is an asset.
Master of Education (Inclusive Education)
The course aims to:
* build upon previous study and experience with closer examination of theory underpinning practices aimed to help people with disabilities
* broaden students' awareness of differing perspectives on their own discipline through study of practices in a variety of settings and through analysis of relevant research reports
* examine closely the theory that underpins practices when working with students with disabilities
Particular objectives of the course will enable students to:
* extend knowledge of service delivery
* demonstrate knowledge of contemporary learning theory research
* extend interpersonal skills for working with families of children with a variety of needs
* demonstrate knowledge of methods typically used in psychological and educational research
* conduct investigations of areas of concern through literature and/or classroom-based enquiry and report the results of these as appropriate
All CSU qualifications in the area of special education bear nomenclature related to inclusion. This reflects contemporary practice in the field and positions graduates at the forefront of current thinking while retaining a broad-based focus on the traditional scope of preparation in special education.
The development of practical skills is a vital part of the course. For example:
* students implement curriculum projects and design and implement instructional plans for children in the workplace
* the course will expose students to a variety of assessment procedures in a range of developmental and achievement areas
* students will spend several sessions working with families of students with special needs and are required to use appropriate family support strategies.
There are no compulsory residential schools associated with this course.