This program builds on learning obtained from a Bachelor of Sports Science (or similar program). The Master of Sports Science is a coursework degree that will provide an opportunity for advanced studies in Sports Science and will draw academic content from the discipline areas of clinical science, high performance science, psychology and project management. The program will use an evidence based/case study approach to learning with a strong emphasis on the development of high level technical skills.
Work Experience & Internships In the final semester of the Master of Sports Science students will complete the subject, Clinical Science I, which has been designed to provide a real time athlete assessment, and sports science problem solving opportunities that are characteristics of a successful Sports Scientist.
Relevant degree in Exercise Science, Sports Science, or Human Movement Studies, with admission also based on academic performance in those relevant degrees.
Master of Sports Science
The Master of Sports Science is intended to position graduates for employment as assistant coach/high performance coordinators, talent identification consultants, advisor performance services, and elite program coordinators.
COMBINED DEGREES / FURTHER STUDY
* Doctor of Philosophy (Health Sciences)
* Bachelor of Sports Science
* Bachelor of Health Sciences (Honours)
* Doctor of Physiotherapy
FEE-HELP is an interest free loan available to Australian citizens and those holding a permanent humanitarian visa.
In addition to FEE-HELP, there is a range of financing options available to students. Why not attend a free Investing in your future seminar to find out more?
COURSE STRUCTURE (12 subjects)
Semester 1 January
* SPEX71-201 Emerging Technologies in Sport
* SPEX71-202 Doping and Detection in Sport
* SPEX71-203 Communication, Leadership and Negotiation in Sport
* SSUD71-103 Principles of Project Management
Semester 2 May
* SPEX71-220 Training Adaptation and Talent Identification
* SPEX71-301 Pathophysiology of Injury and Repair
* SPSC71-210 Physiology of Sport and Exercise II
* SPSC71-112 High Performance Strength and Conditioning
Semester 3 September
* SPEX71-204 Clinical Sports Science
* SPEX71-205 Evidence Based Project in Sports Science
* SPEX71-206 Psychology of High Performance Sport
* SPSC71-111 Performance Analysis in Elite Sport